1. What is digital television?
Digital television uses the latest digital technology to transmit pictures and sound to your home, together with other innovative services like text and interactivity. It is a major improvement over the analogue transmission system we have been using for nearly 70 years.
2. What equipment will I need to receive Digital Terrestrial Television services?
In order to receive these services all you will need is:
• an interactive set-top-box, available from your DTTV service provider
• an antenna
You can use your roof antenna but we recommend that the antenna is benchmarked for this type of service. Depending on where you live, you may be able to use a small outdoor antenna and - in some cases – just an indoor one. Check with GO.
3. What is a set-top box?
A set-top box is a small box which upgrades your television set to digital format. This allows you to receive the digital signal and to access the new interactive applications on programmes and channels.
It comes with a very user-friendly remote control, very similar to a regular remote control with the exception of the coloured buttons used for interactive services.
4. What kind of packages does DTTV offer?
The Digital Television Service offered by GO has three different packages, offering from 17 to 52 channels, for all ages and all interests.
5. What is Digital Terrestrial Television (DTTV)?
Digital Terrestrial Television broadcasts a television signal in digital format over the terrestrial spectrum (through the air). This means you can get digital television via a small antenna: no ugly dishes or special antennae. The service is of great value and very user-friendly. All you need is an interactive set-top-box (see related question) connected to an antenna and a standard television set.
6. What benefits does digital television have over analogue television?
Analogue and digital television differ in the way the information is carried from the source to the receiver. In simple terms, in analogue broadcasting the signal takes the form of a continuous wave, whereas digital sends chunks of information at a time.
For viewers, digital television will mean:
• Clearer and sharper pictures.
• Stereo sound with added capability of Dolby surround.
• Interactive and enhanced television services.
• Space for more channels.
7. Why choose Digital Terrestrial Television (DTTV) over other television services?
It is much more mobile than an old-fashioned television connection. DTTV does not need a huge satellite dish or cables and therefore is now tied to a single place. Also, DTTV is the most cost-effective way of delivering digital signals to households. This means that GO can offer its customers the best value for money.
8. Do I have to change my TV set?
No. The digital decoder will upgrade your analogue television set to digital format.
9. How do I get Digital Terrestrial Television services?
You can visit one of GO retail outlets and authorised resellers or call our Freephone on