TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Valentine’s Day Competition 2018
1. This competition is owned and operated by GO p.l.c. (hereinafter referred to as ‘GO’).
2. Access to the benefits of the Competition is subject to these Terms and Conditions. By participating in the Competition, you are agreeing to all of these Terms and Conditions, without modification. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not participate in the Competition.
3. This Competition is open between 2nd February and 11th February 2018, both dates inclusive.
4. Rules to participate:
i) Participants must be 18 years and older.
ii) Participants must be GO customers subscribed to one of GO’s services (mobile, TV, phone or internet) and must also be in possession of a Facebook account.
iii) As a first step, participants must change their Facebook profile picture to a photo with their partner and include the Facebook profile picture frame entitled ‘GO Valentines’.
iv) Secondly, participants must Like the GO Facebook page on www.facebook.com/go.com.mt
v) Thirdly, participants must Like and Share the Competition post on the GO Facebook page and comment on the post with the following phrase “GO, Take [include partner’s name] and I to Paris!”.
vi) Only one (1) entry per named individual is permitted on the Facebook post. Where several entries are inputted by the same participant on the same Facebook post, only the first entry will be considered by GO, and all others shall be deemed invalid.
vii) One winner will be picked at random and this same participant will win a Prize. The winner will be notified through a private message on Facebook, and will be given details on how to claim their Prize.
viii) The winner and his/her partner shall win the Prize consisting of two (2) flight tickets to Paris (France) including accommodation for both individuals.
ix) Choice of accommodation and choice of airline shall be subject to GO’s discretion.
x) Should the chosen winner and her partner not be able to fly on the 13th February, the Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
5. In the event that the Prize specified becomes unavailable for any reason outside of GO’s control, GO may, but shall not be obliged to, substitute a Prize of like or equal value. The winning participant accepts the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies GO in respect of any claim for any accident, property damage, injury, or loss of life that may occur in connection with the Prize. The winning Participant is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize.
6. By participating, Participants grant GO exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the Competition and waive any claims to remuneration, howsoever defined, for such use. Furthermore, by accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the Prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned. The winning participant waives any claim for compensation from GO for the use of such media taken or for any time required for such participation. The winning participant must also be willing to wear any accessories as required for photographs and other media related events as required.
7. No cash or credit alternatives will be offered in connection with the Prize. The Prize or any unused portion thereof, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods and cannot be taken as cash.
8. GO employees (including employees of any GO p.l.c. subsidiary) and their families cannot take part in this Competition.
9. GO reserves the right to stop any benefit resulting from any abuse and/or misuse of this Competition and/or non-observance of these Terms and Conditions.
10. GO processes and retains personal data in line with the applicable data protection and retention legislation and regulations in force in Malta and in the European Union.
11. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or any other third party. You are providing your information to GO and not to any other third party.
12. To the fullest extent permitted by law GO will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of the Competition, the Participant’s entry, the Prize or the winning thereof, and/or the participation of the events included in the Prize.
13. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that GO’s only obligation in connection with the Competition shall be that of delivering the Prize to the winning Participants and that GO shall not be held liable for any cancellation of, or failure in the performance of, or delayed performance of, any of the events included in the Prize. Furthermore, and without prejudice to any other limitation or exclusion of liability contained herein or at law, the Participant acknowledges and agrees that the events included in the Prize are not organized by GO and that GO has no control over the organization thereof, and that inter alia, said events may be cancelled or postponed due to reasons outside of GO’s control, inter alia including in cases of force majeure, including, but not limited to, Acts of God (including weather of exceptional severity, floods, lightning or fire), general or local strikes, industrial disputes, national or local emergency, acts or omissions of Government or other competent authorities, fire or destruction of the Parties’ works or materials, insurrection or other civil disorder, war or military operations, explosions, subsidence. The Participant hereby fully exempts and holds GO harmless from any liability in the event that any of the events included in the Prize are cancelled or otherwise postponed.
14. This Competition and all matters relating to it shall be governed, construed and take effect in accordance with the laws of Malta and the Courts in Malta shall be vested with the exclusive competence and jurisdiction to determine any dispute arising therefrom.
15. These terms and conditions have been drafted in the English language and the English text shall be regarded as the authoritative text. If these terms and conditions are translated into any other language, any ambiguity or disagreement that may arise shall be resolved by reference to the English text.
16. For more information, please contact Customer Care on 146 (free of charge) from your GO mobile phone or 80072121 from any other local network.