A. Your Agreement
- These terms and conditions are for a tariff plan and should be read in conjunction with the General terms and conditions and the Product terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions, the following terms and conditions shall prevail. These terms and conditions form an integral part of Your Agreement for the provision of the Service with Us.
- The Tariff applicable to Your Agreement is specified in the Application Form or through other means by which you have applied for the Service. We reserve the right to stop, suspend, amend or otherwise alter this Tariff, the applicable charges and any benefits derived through it, as well as these terms and conditions, in accordance with applicable laws.
B. The Tariff
- The ‘Smart’ and ‘Smart Weekly’ Tariffs (the ‘Tariffs’) are Pay As You GO mobile services provided by Us.
- You subscribe to these Tariffs by sending an SMS (free of charge) containing the word ‘Smart’ or ‘Weekly’ to 16410 respectively.
- By subscribing to either of these Tariffs You are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions found in the Agreement. If you do not agree to any of these terms, You should not subscribe to any of these Tariffs.
- These Tariffs are effective from 13th November 2018 until 4th February 2019.
- You must pay the fee indicated in clause B.6.b to enjoy the benefits listed in clause B.6.c to B.6.j.
- The Tariff consists of the following:
|Tariff Name & Price|
|a.||Tariff Plan Name||Pay As You GO Smart||Pay As You GO Smart Weekly|
every 4 weeks
every 7 days
|Local Benefits included:|
|c.||Calls to GO mobile and fixed||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|d.||Calls to other numbers||60 minutes
to other Maltese & EU international numbers in Malta
to other Maltese numbers in Malta
|e.||Calls to Home Pack Community Members||Unlimited||Unlimited|
at 4.5G speeds
at 4.5G speeds
|g.||Home Pack Community Free mobile data||2GB
at 4.5G speeds
|Zone 1 Roaming Benefits included:|
|h.||Calls whilst in Zone 1 countries||The minutes stipulated in B.6.d are also available when calling Maltese and other Zone 1 mobile and fixed line numbers whilst roaming in the Zone 1 countries.||The minutes stipulated in B.6.d are also available when calling Maltese and other Zone 1 mobile and fixed line numbers whilst roaming in the Zone 1 countries.|
|i.||Data whilst in the Zone 1 countries||The data units stipulated in B.6.f and B.6.g are also available whilst roaming in Zone 1 countries.||The data units stipulated in B.6.f are also available whilst roaming in Zone 1 countries.|
|Other Local Charges|
|j.||Calls to local fixed and mobile numbers after the minutes in B.6.d are exhausted||€0.25 Per Minute||€0.25 Per Minute|
|k.||SMS to local mobile numbers||€0.05 Per SMS||€0.05 Per SMS|
|l.||Local mobile data after the data units in B.6.f||€2 Per 100MB||€2 Per 100MB|
|m.||Video Calls to local numbers||€0.25 Per Minute||€0.25 Per Minute|
|Zone 1 Roaming Charges|
|n.||Calls to Maltese (+356) fixed and mobile numbers after the minutes in B.6.c are exhausted||€0.25 Per Minute||€0.25 Per Minute|
|o.||Calls to other Zone 1 fixed and mobile numbers after the minutes in B.6.d are exhausted||€0.25 Per Minute||€0.25 Per Minute|
|p.||SMS to Maltese (+356) mobile numbers||€0.25 Per Minute||€0.25 Per Minute|
|q.||SMS to other Zone 1 mobile numbers||€0.05 Per Minute||€0.05 Per Minute|
|r.||Zone 1 roaming mobile data after the data units in B.6.f and B.6.g||€2.00 per 100MB||€2.00 per 100MB|
C. Explanation of Charges
- Unless otherwise stated, all charges quoted in these Tariffs are inclusive of VAT and exclusive of Excise Tax.
- Charging for Tariffs:
- The fee stipulated in clause B.6.b is payable upon subscription to the Tariffs, that is upon sending the applicable code as per clause B.2.
- Upon sending the relevant code by SMS to 16410, verification will be made by Us as to whether there is sufficient credit on Your Pay As You GO SIM Card for the Tariff to be assigned. If not, the Tariff will not be assigned, in which case the standard pay-per-use rates of Your main tariff will continue to apply.
- Further to C.2.b, should enough credit be available for the Tariff to be assigned, You should still await the SMS confirmation from Our end that the Tariff has actually been assigned before making any usage. Any usage done before You receive such confirmation from Us will be rated at the standard pay-per-use rates applicable on Your main tariff plan.
- The Tariffs will be automatically renewed as follows:
- Smart: Every 4 weeks (or 28 days), assuming there is sufficient credit on Your Pay As You GO SIM Card. If the credit available upon renewal is insufficient, the renewal process will remain active for 28 days. Upon topping-up during these 28 days, the applicable fee shall automatically be deducted from the available credit and the Tariff will be renewed. Should You not wish the auto-renewal to take place, You should send the phrase ‘STOP Smart’ to 16410 (free of charge) before the expiry date, to stop the Tariff from automatically renewing upon expiry.
- Smart Weekly: Every 7 days, assuming there is sufficient credit on Your Pay As You GO SIM Card. If the credit available upon renewal is insufficient, the renewal process will remain active for 7 days. Upon topping-up during these 7 days, the applicable fee shall automatically be deducted from the available credit and the Tariff will be renewed. Should You not wish the auto-renewal to take place, You should send the phrase ‘STOP Weekly’ by SMS to 16410 (free of charge) before the expiry date, to stop the Tariff from automatically renewing upon expiry.
- Once the benefits included in the Tariff are consumed, the applicable pay-per-use rates until the expiry of the Tariff’s validity period, shall be those mentioned in clause B.6 for both local and roaming usage whilst in Zone 1 countries.
- The voice calls in B.6.d and B.6.h are charged on a per minute basis
- If You keep on using Your mobile data beyond the data units included in Your Tariff as specified in B.6.f, any local and roaming usage will be charged on a per 100MB basis as per clause B.6.l. Your usage as stated in clause B.6.l will continue to recur until the expiry date of the Tariffs or until you reach €50 worth of data usage, whichever comes first. Any remaining balance from the last 100MB will be lost upon renewal or if the Tariff expires and is not renewed.
- Further to C.2.g above, If You keep on using Your mobile data, locally and whilst roaming in Zone 1 countries, beyond the €50 worth of data usage, Your applicable data rate whilst in Malta will change to 10c/MB on a per MB basis.
- Further to the pay-per-use charge for data as stipulated in B.6.l is only applicable during the validity period of the Tariff. Should for any reason, the Tariff no longer be renewed, the applicable pay-per-use rate will change to 10c/MB, until such time the Tariff is renewed or re-applied for.
- Unless You have enough credit for Us to charge the applicable pay-per-use rate for local data usage as stipulated in B.5.l and to assign another 100MB of mobile data to Your Pay As You GO account, You are unable to continue using data on Your Smartphone or other device. You will be required to top-up Your mobile credit to use data.
- Should the Tariff not auto-renew for any reason, the applicable Zone 1 roaming charges will be those applicable to the standard Pay As You Go tariffs and as indicated on Our website.
- All charges listed in clause B are also applicable while roaming in Zone 1 countries. You should refer to the list of Zone 1 countries in the relevant section on roaming on Our website. The standard roaming rates apply for roaming outside Zone 1. All rates are specified in Our website.
D. Explanation of Benefits included
- You can join a Home Pack Community when You are subscribed to these Tariffs. If You do so, You will be entitled to:
- The additional Home Pack Community minutes stated in clause B.6.e.
- For Smart only, the additional mobile data bundle in clause B.6.g
- The minutes specified in B.6.d are decremented on a per minute basis, both locally and whilst roaming in Zone 1 countries.
- The data units included in the Tariff and the free additional Home Pack Community mobile data are decremented on a per KB basis, both locally and whilst roaming in the Zone 1 countries.
- Once the Tariff is auto-renewed or purchased, any remaining balances of minutes and SMS included in the Tariff are lost. Any data units still available from B.6.f upon renewal can accumulate up to 50GB. For avoidance of doubt, the data units will continue to accumulate once the same tariff is automatically renewed or purchased. Otherwise all the accumulated data units will be lost.
- Any data units still available from B.6.g will be reset upon auto-renewal of Tariff and any remaining data units will be lost.
- If you are already subscribed to this Tariff and you join the Home pack Community later, the additional free mobile data will be given upon your next Tariff renewal or purchase.
- When you make use of data, you will first utilise the additional free mobile data in clause B.6.g and then the data benefit in clause B.6.f included in the Tariff.
- You may query the remaining balances of the benefits included in the Tariff by sending a blank SMS to 16415 free of charge. You will receive the information through an SMS.
- Any activity made towards premium-rated or other special numbers is specifically excluded from the benefits included in the Tariffs and consequently will not be deducted from the benefits specified in clause B.6. These will be charged separately at the applicable rates.
E. Interaction with Similar Plans or Offers
- Once You successfully subscribe to either of the Tariffs, You acknowledge that:
- The benefits included in the Tariff and the applicable pay-per-use charges will have priority over any other Super Top Up benefit previously assigned until the validity period of the Tariff expires.
- Your registration to a Super Top-Up will be automatically cancelled once the Tariff is successfully assigned. This implies that Your next top-up of €10 or more will not automatically re-assign any related benefits.
- Should You wish to benefit again from any Super Top-Up made available by Us at the time, You will have to apply a-new for the selected top-up benefits. You also acknowledge that upon successful registration to a Super Top-Up You will automatically be unsubscribed from the Tariff. This implies that the Tariff will not auto-renew upon expiry.
- Further to E.1.c above, You also acknowledge that should You reapply to a Super Top-Up benefit whilst still benefitting from the Tariff, the benefits included in the Tariff and the applicable pay-per-use charges will have priority over any other Super Top Up benefit until the expiry date of the Tariff.
- Should You wish to renew Your Tariff before the expiry period, all benefits included are reassigned in full and another 4 week or 7 day validity period will apply accordingly. For the avoidance of doubt this implies that any remaining unused benefits will be lost.
- We may make various add-ons available with this Tariff. All such add-ons are clearly indicated on Our Website.
- Should You decide to opt for an add-on on top of Your Tariff, then You acknowledge that in conjunction with these terms and conditions, the terms and conditions for the selected add-on/s shall also apply.
- The above Tariffs are not compatible with the hereunder listed add-ons:
- GO Text, Talk or Data
- TLK – Value Pack
- Speak Easy
- Smart Start, Talk or Data
G. Other details
- Any roaming data usage over and above the data units included in this Tariff as specified in B.6.f and B.6.g above, and other data pay-per-use usage in any other country worldwide has an automatic €50 cap. Upon connecting to a roaming data service and upon reaching €40 of roaming data usage, You will be notified via SMS that your mobile data will be stopped upon reaching €50. You will also be informed that you can Opt-out of this capping by sending an SMS with the word ‘OPTOUT’ to 50700295. This will set all Your future roaming data usage as unlimited and without capping. To make sure that future roaming data usage would be capped again at €50 you should send an SMS with the word ‘OPTIN’ to 50700295 at Your discretion.
- These Tariffs are designed for customers habitually residing in Malta with occasional travel, and are not intended for permanent roaming. More detail of Our Zone 1 roaming fair usage policy can be found in the Product terms and conditions.