These terms and conditions were last updated on 16th April 2019
A. Your Agreement
- These terms and conditions are for a supplementary Internet service and should be read in conjunction with the General terms and conditions, the Product terms and conditions, the Bundle terms and conditions, the Tariff terms and conditions, Schedule of Charges and any other applicable terms and conditions. Unless the contrary is stated, in the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions, the applicable fixed internet terms and conditions shall prevail. These terms and conditions form an integral part of Your Agreement for the provision of the service with Us.
- The service applicable to Your Agreement is specified in the Application Form or through other means by which You have applied for the service. We reserve the right to stop, suspend, amend or otherwise alter this service, the applicable charges and any benefits derived through it, as well as these terms and conditions, in accordance with applicable laws.
- By subscribing to this service You are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions found in the Agreement. If You do not agree to any of these terms, You should not subscribe to this service.
B. The SMART HUB
- The Smart Hub includes an Internet Backup feature that is activated in two (2) scenarios:
- Internet Downtime Backup: If Your fixed Internet connection is disconnected, but you have electrical power available, Your Smart Hub will automatically switch the Internet backup feature on in order for You to continue using Internet connectivity. Once the fixed connection is restored You will automatically be switched back to the fixed Internet connection.
- Walk-out-Working (‘WOW’): You can start using Your Internet service as soon as You set up Your Smart Hub at Your registered fixed service address, enabling You to have immediate internet access, even if and until You are waiting for Our technician to install and activate Your fixed services. If, however, You delay, for whatever reason, the installation of the fixed broadband services beyonda 30 day period from the date of Your agreement, We reserve the right to terminate the provision of this Service to you by giving You 30 days’ notice. The applicable clauses relating to the termination of services by GO in the General Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- The Smart Hub is available if You are subscribed to the following Business tariff plans
||Business Infinity 1000/500
||Business Infinity 1000
||Business Infinity 300
||Business Infinity 75
||Business Infinity Ready
||Business Infinity Rapid
||Business Infinity Fibre Turbo
||Business Infinity Fibre Turbo
||Business Infinity Sonic
||Business Infinity Super Sonic
- If Your service/s is/are fibre connected, the Internet backup feature will also backup your fixed line connection enabling You to make phone calls if power is available. Call quality during backup mode cannot be guaranteed.
- Some services will not be available when the Smart Hub is on Internet Backup feature. The services are, but not limited, to the following:
- Fixed Telephony services – copper areas
- TV services – DTTV & IPTV
- Fixed IP services
- Usage and speeds
- When the Smart Hub is connected via the Internet Backup feature, any data usage will be deducted from Your monthly Internet backup data allowance of 400 Gigabytes and all fixed calls will be charged in accordance with Your existing terms and conditions.
- The Internet Backup feature speed is limited to 35Mbps for downloads and 5Mbps for uploads. The actual speeds will vary depending on Our 4G network coverage in Your area.
- The Smart Hub Internet Backup feature can only operate on Our Network and cannot be activated using a mobile SIM card from another service provider.
- You can upgrade to this Smart Hub against two (2) activation charge options specified in Clause E.
- ‘Home’ means that the Premises where the Service is registered is used wholly:
- For residential purposes;
- As non-governmental organisational Premises, if We decide in Our sole discretion to allow the said non-governmental organisations to benefit from this Service.
- ‘Business’ means that the Premises where the Service is registered is used wholly for business purposes;
D. The Service
- In order to avail of the Smart Hub, Our 4G mobile network coverage must be available at the address where Your fixed Internet services are provided by Us.
- The Hybrid Internet service (the ‘Service’) is a a backup to Your main fixed Internet Service provided by Us. The Service is only provided to be used in the Home/Business address that is specified on the Application Form.
- You must have the Smart Hub to benefit from the Service.
- The Service starts on the date You subscribe and sign an Agreement with Us.
- This Service provides an interim Internet connection using Our 4G network.
- This Service shall be used as a backup option and can only be used if You are subscribed to one of Our Internet tariff plans as specified in clause B.2.
- To enjoy the full benefits of Your fixed services You still require a visit by Our technicians at your installation address to finalise the installation of the remaining fixed services You subscribed to.
- You will be able to use the Service until Your main fixed Internet is installed or the fault is resolved, as the case may be.
- When You are switched to this Service, the speed that can be attained on Our 4G network may vary depending on a number of factors, such as Our Network strength, the location of the Smart Hub in Your premises, the number of services You have connected to the Internet at any point in time, the equipment You are using, as well as the connection speed that can be reached by Your devices. You may thus not always be able to reach the maximum speeds available to You on this Service. You agree that such limitations may exist for the duration of Your Service with Us.
- If You want to change Your installation address, You are required to contact Us prior to moving the Smart Hub. The use of the Smart Hub in any other address from the one listed on the Application Form is not permitted. If You are in breach of these terms, We reserve the right to terminate and/or suspend Your Service.
- You must ensure Your Smart Hub remains connected to Your fixed Internet at all times and You must not otherwise knowingly or recklessly interfere with Your Smart Hub or Home/Business wiring in a way that may disable Your fixed Internet service.
- The Service is tied with a data bundle which is automatically renewed every month. Once this data bundle has been consumed, this supplementary Internet Service will be suspended until the end of the month. This will not affect any of Your other fixed services. You will not be able to make use of the backup feature for the rest of the month. On the first day of the following month a new data bundle will be automatically assigned. Any data that was not consumed from the previous month will be lost.
- You are prohibited from using the SIM card provided with the Smart Hub in any other device.
- If the speed attained in Your premises is lower than the minimum speed specified for this Service You may, within fourteen (14) days from the Service activation, terminate this Service without incurring any penalties as specified in clause 1.
- By signing the Application Form, You are accepting the Service with any limitations as specified in these clauses. You agree that no reduction in or abatement of the applicable charges shall be given if the speed stated in the applicable Tariff Plan or Schedule of Charges is ultimately not achieved. Unless otherwise stated in the Agreement, this Service is offered on a contended basis, meaning that the bandwidth is shared amongst a number of users in Your area. The quality of the Service may thus vary, depending on the number of users who are accessing the Service at the same time. We may enforce bandwidth usage measures to ensure that everyone in the area can benefit from the Service.
- We are not responsible for the speed attained by third party services, including websites.
- We employ a Traffic Management Policy which can be found on Our website.
E. Activation Charges
- The Smart Hub can be obtained against one of the following activation charge options:
|| Monthly Smart Hub Activation Charge tilll end of Your Service
|| One Time Smart Hub Activation Charge
- You can stop the monthly activation charge at any time and pay the one-time activation charge in
F. Explanation of Charges
- Unless otherwise stated, all charges quoted are inclusive of VAT but are exclusive of any other taxes which may be applicable.
- The activation charge in clause E.1.a is a monthly charge that You have to pay for the duration of the Service usage. If You decide to stop paying the monthly activation charge, You may either return the Smart Hub or pay the one-time activation charge in full to continue benefitting from the Service.
- The activation charge in clause E.1.b is a one time charge till the end of the Service.
- The activation charges specified in clause 1 are non-refundable.
- You must return the Smart Hub when You terminate the Service. The penalty for non-return of the Smart Hub is of €150.
G. Try and Buy
- With this Service You are eligible for a Try and Buy cooling off period of fourteen (14) days. This means that within these days You can decide to stop the agreement without incurring any penalties. You may do so by visiting one of Our authorised outlets and return the Smart Hub. The Smart Hub must be returned in good working condition and with the original packaging. If these terms are not met, You will be charged a penalty fee as specified in clause F.4.
- Should the Smart Hub have been provided to You as a temporary solution until our technician installs and activates Our fixed services and You later decide to subscribe to this Service, the above-metioned period shall commence to run from the date of installation of the Smart Hub. Any deposit paid can be used to set-off the Activation Charges.
H. Other Important Terms
- Contacting You about Your misuse of the Service, asking You to adjust Your usage to continue benefitting from the Service;
- Give You a warning that any continuation of misuse of the Service will result in having to suspend or terminate Your service; and
- Suspending or terminating Your service if You fail to comply with Our previous requests to rectify Your abuse of the Service.