THE GO GRID CHALLENGE 2020
1. This Competition is owned and operated by GO p.l.c. (‘GO’)
2. Access to the benefits of the Competition is subject to these Terms and Conditions. By participating in the Competition, you are agreeing to all of these Terms and Conditions, without modification. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not participate in the Competition.
3. This Competition is open between 30th January 2020 and 12th February 2020. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
4. The rules of the Competition and how to enter are as follows:
5. Draw Details, Winner Announcement and Prize:
6. In the event that the Prize specified becomes unavailable, whether in part or in full, for any reason outside of GO’s control, GO may, but shall not be obliged to, substitute the Prize, or that part of the Prize, for something of like or equal value. The Winner accepts the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies GO in respect of any claim for any accident, property damage, injury, or loss of life that may occur in connection with the Prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize.
7. By participating, Participants grant GO exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the Competition and waive any claims to remuneration, howsoever defined, for such use. Furthermore, by accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the Prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, regularly filmed and/or chaperoned and appearing in short video clips on social media and/or television channels and participating in opinion polls and public challenges against other winners of this Competition which may also be filmed and appear on social media and/or television channels. The Winner waives any claim for compensation from GO or from any of the sponsors and/or associates of this Competition and the Prize for the use of such media taken or for any time required for such participation. The Winner must also be willing to wear the kit given as part of the Prize and any accessories as required for photographs and other media related events as required promoting GO or any of the sponsors of this Competition and/or the Prize.
8. No cash or credit alternatives will be offered in connection with the Prize. The Prize or any unused portion thereof, is not transferable to any other person or exchangeable for other goods and, except for that part of the Prize which consists of a cash component, cannot be taken as cash.
9. GO employees (including employees of any GO p.l.c. subsidiary) and their families cannot take part in this Competition.
10. GO reserves the right to stop any benefit resulting from any abuse and/or misuse of this Competition, the Prize and/or non-observance of these Terms and Conditions. This shall be without prejudice to GO seeking legal redress in accordance with its rights at law and, where possible under the circumstances, to replace the Winner with the next runner-up. Where the Winner decides not to participate in the Event without just cause, the Winner understands and agrees that he/she shall pay a penalty to GO of five hundred Euro (€500) as fair pre-liquidated damages. For the purpose of this clause, “just cause” shall be taken to mean any of: injury or illness attested by a Medical Doctor or a qualified medical specialist; immediate family bereavement occurring within three (3) days prior to the Event;
12. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By participating in this Competition, you are providing your information to GO and not to Facebook or to any other third party. Any information you provide as a Winner to any of the sponsors or associates of this Competition shall not be shared with GO.
13. To the fullest extent permitted by law GO will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of the Competition, the Participant’s entry, the Prize or the winning thereof, and/or the participation of the Event or associated events included in the Prize. The Winner shall follow any advice given by any third party sponsor and/or associate of the Competition as part of the Prize at his/her own risk. GO shall not in any way be held responsible and/or liable for (i) the advice or instructions given by any third parties sponsoring and/or associated with the Prize and (ii) any direct and/or indirect consequence/s resulting from such advice or instructions.
14. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that GO’s only obligation in connection with the Competition shall be that of delivering the Prize to the Winners and that GO shall not be held liable for any cancellation of, or failure in the performance of, or delayed performance of, any of the events or obligations, including the Event, included in the Prize. Furthermore, and without prejudice to any other limitation or exclusion of liability contained herein or at law, the Participant acknowledges and agrees that any of the events, including the Event, included in the Prize are not organized by GO and that GO has no control over the organization thereof, and that inter alia, said events and the Event may be cancelled or postponed due to reasons outside of GO’s control, inter alia including in cases of force majeure, including, but not limited to, Acts of God (including weather of exceptional severity, floods, lightning or fire), general or local strikes, industrial disputes, national or local emergency, acts or omissions of Government or other competent authorities, fire or destruction of the Parties’ works or materials, insurrection or other civil disorder, war or military operations, explosions, subsidence. In any such case, if the Event included in the Prize is postponed to a future date, GO shall endeavour to obtain replacement participation tickets for the Event. The Participant hereby fully exempts and holds GO harmless from any liability in the event that any of the events, including the Event, included in the Prize are cancelled or otherwise postponed and/or if GO fails to secure replacement participation tickets as aforementioned.
15. This Competition and all matters relating to it shall be governed, construed and take effect in accordance with the laws of Malta and the Courts in Malta shall be vested with the exclusive competence and jurisdiction to determine any dispute arising therefrom.
16. These Terms and Conditions have been drafted in the English language and the English text shall be regarded as the authoritative text. If these Terms and Conditions are translated into any other language, any ambiguity or disagreement that may arise shall be resolved by reference to the English text.
17. For more information, please contact Customer Care on 146 (free of charge) from your GO mobile phone or 80072121 from any other local network.