These terms and conditions were last updated on 30th November 2021
- The GO Secure Net Service is being purchased by You from GO p.l.c. in accordance with the following Terms and Conditions.
- It is Your sole responsibility to read carefully and understand the following Terms and Conditions and all the terms and conditions pertaining to Mobile Product and to the Eligible Mobile Tariff Plan which you are subscribed to, including the General Terms and Conditions.
- The GO Secure Net Service is available for a limited period of time and We may discontinue it at Our discretion.
- You will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions (“Conditions”) when you subscribe to GO Secure Net at any one of our points of sale.
- Unless stated otherwise or clearly evident from the context, all definitions contained in the General Terms and Conditions shall have the same meaning here and the GO Secure Net Service shall be included in the definition of ‘Service’ under such General Terms and Conditions.
- ‘Eligible Mobile Tariff Plan’ means a pay monthly Mobile Tariff Plan described as being compatible with the GO Easy Buy Plan on Our website at go.com.mt/mobile-plans/pay-monthly and the relevant terms and conditions.
3. Summary of service
- The Service will offer protection against security threats including viruses, trojans, spyware, adware and unwanted programs. It will also help protect you from harmful websites such as phishing websites or sites that might contain viruses. You do not need to download or install anything in order to use the Service, it is provided over the GO Network [“Security”).
- The Service also has parental control features such as child safe browsing where the service owner can restrict categories of website deemed inappropriate for children via the GO Network (“Security and Parental”). For the avoidance of doubt the Security and Parental option does not filter content but restricts access to websites categories as inappropriate for children.
- If you try to access an unsafe website, GO will warn you of potential dangers and instruct You of how You can proceed at your own risk.
- You can download and use the GO application (“GO app”), available for IOS and Android. Via the GO app you will be able to control settings and access additional functionality relating to GO Secure Net.
- New features may be added from time to time, and we will let you know if there are any additional terms and conditions that relate to your use of these features.
- To purchase GO Secure Net You confirm that you are the rightful owner of the service.
- The Service is designed and intended for smartphone devices.
- The service protects you while using the GO mobile network on the MSISDN the service was purchased. If you use public networks or any other GO mobile connection which does not have the service activated, the service will not be able to protect your device from malicious domains.
- From time to time we may change, increase or decrease the categories of websites under the Security and Parental option to provide you with the best level of service. These categories being can be found on our website at go.com.mt/internet/secure-net.
- You are responsible for the activity that occurs on your account. You must keep your account details secure, and notify us immediately of any breach or suspected breach of security or unauthorised use of your account using our contact details.
- You are responsible for the cost of your device and connection. GO may modify system requirements for the Service at any time.
- GO is not legally responsible for the operation of your device that you use to access the Service. For the Service to work, your device must be switched on, with your SIM inserted and you must be connected to the GO network on which the GO Secure Net service was purchased.
- The Service is only available when you are connecting via the GO network using the MSISDN on which GO Secure Net was activated, it will not work when you are connected via anything that isn’t the GO network, such as public WiFi.
- Because there are limitations to the Service, it is not intended to operate as a sole security measure on a device and may be used in conjunction with other security applications and software.
- You expressly agree that use of the Services is at your sole risk. We do not warrant that the Services will be error-free or uninterrupted. The Services are provided on an “as is”, “as available” basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. You understand that service disruptions are reasonably foreseeable in regard to the offering of the Services, and that dissatisfaction over the quality of the Services cannot serve as a basis for any refund.
- This Service and all matters relating to it shall be governed, construed and take effect in accordance with the laws of Malta and the Courts in Malta shall be vested with the exclusive competence and jurisdiction to determine any dispute arising therefrom.
5. Costs And Duration of Service
- Unless specifically included in your tariff, the Service will be subject to a monthly fee which would be explicitly stated to You before you purchase but will also be set out on the GO Secure Net pages and the GO app.
- All prices will be inclusive of VAT, with no other initial subscription fee or minimum contract term. You may receive the Service for free initially for a promotional period.
- The monthly fee will be charged to your usual monthly bill after your trial period
- You accept that the bill on which Your Eligible Mobile Tariff Plan are invoiced shall be paid by direct debit for the Term.
- We may increase the Service monthly fee at any time however we will give you 30 days’ notice before we do so. You can opt out at any time.