GO p.l.c. – Bay Radio Tik Tok Competition (‘the Competition’)
- This competition is owned and operated by GO p.l.c. (‘GO’) and is supported and promoted by Bay Radio.
- Access to the benefits of the Competition is subject to these Terms and Conditions. By participating in the Competition, you are agreeing to all of these Terms and Conditions, without modification. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not participate in the Competition.
- This Competition is open between the 14th September 2020 and the 26th October 2020.
- Rules to participate:
- Participants must be 18 years of age.
- Participants must be lawfully residing in the Republic of Malta.
iii. Participants need to be subscribed to a mobile service provided by GO to be eligible to participate in the Competition. For the avoidance of doubt, any non-GO customers wishing to participate in the Competition may do so after porting-in to GO. Only GO registered clients are eligible to benefit from the Competition, inter alia to win the Weekly and/or the Grand Prize.
- Participants must fill in the specific competition online form found on www.go.com.mt/tiktok providing the participant’s Tik Tok ID, Name and Surname, Mobile number, and Date of Birth.
- Participants must upload an originally created Tik Tok video, created by the Participant, via the Tik Tok app. Subject that the video conforms to legal and moral standards, there is no restriction to the choice of subject. Participants accept full responsibility and liability and shall forever hold GO and Bay Radio harmless from any and all liability arising from their participation in the Competition including but not limited to the video content.
- The video must not be longer than fifteen (15) seconds in duration and file size cannot be more than 5MB. All video content must include a reference to #GOmalta.
vii. Participants acknowledge and agree that the act of uploading a video constitutes a unilateral and irrevocable declaration by the Participant that the video content was created by the Participant, that there are no copyright or other intellectual property right infringements, and that the Participant accepts to be bound by these terms and conditions without reservation. Without prejudice to the aforementioned, all video content must include original sound credits.
viii. Participants must follow the GO Tik Tok channel on https://email@example.com
- Only one (1) entry per Participant is permitted.
- There shall be a judging panel made up of persons appointed by GO. The judging panel shall select five (5) videos every week, which will be uploaded on the GO Tik Tok channel and followers will be encouraged to vote and select the best video. The video with the highest number of likes, will be the weekly winner. For the avoidance of any doubt the judging panel’s and/or audience decisions shall be final and no contestation in connection therewith shall be allowed and/or entertained.
- Subject to these terms and conditions and any force majeure situation, there shall be five (5) Weekly Prize winners (one (1) winner per week), and these five (5) winners will in turn be eligible to win the Grand Prize, where the video amongst the five (5) weekly winners with the highest number of likes received by the end of the Competition, will be declared the winner of the Grand Prize. The Prize winners will be announced on the Bay Breakfast radio show (‘the Radio Programme’)
- Each Weekly Prize winner can win either a speaker, ear pods or a €100 voucher redeemable on mobile accessories from any GO outlet. Participants acknowledge and agree that the Weekly Prize will be determined through the use of a ‘Wheel of Fortune’ system operated by Bay Radio on the Radio Programme.
- The Grand Prize shall be an iPhone 11.
- As a token of appreciation, every Participant shall receive a free 10GB from GO for simply by participating in this Competition.
- To claim any of the Weekly and/or Grand Prizes, the winning Participants must present a valid identity document or passport. GO reserves the right not to assign the Prize/s in the event that there is a mismatch between any of the personal details in the identity document and the online form.
- In the event that the Prize/s specified become unavailable for any reason outside of GO’s control, GO may, but shall not be obliged to, substitute a prize of like or equal value. Winning Participants accept the Prize/s entirely at their own risk and indemnify GO in respect of any claim for any accident, property damage, personal injury to self or any third party, or loss of life that may occur in connection with the Competition, the video production, and/or the Prize/s. Winning Participants are responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Competition, the video production and/or the Prize/s.
- By participating, Participants grant GO exclusive permission to retain, store and use their personal data, including their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the Competition and waive any claims to remuneration, howsoever defined, for such use. Furthermore, by accepting the Prize/s, winning Participants agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable public relations (including any media related) requests relating to the Prize/s, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned. Any winning Participant waives any claim for compensation from GO and/or Bay Radio for such public relations and the use of any media taken or for any time required for such participation. Winning Participants must also be willing to wear any accessories as required for photographs and other public relations (including media) related events as required.
- No cash or credit alternatives will be offered in connection with the Prize/s. The Prize/s or any unused portion thereof, are not transferable or exchangeable for any other goods or services and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- GO (including employees of any GO p.l.c. subsidiary) and Bay Radio employees and their immediate families cannot take part in this Competition.
- GO reserves the right to stop any benefit resulting from any known or suspected abuse and/or misuse of this Competition and/or non-observance of these Terms and Conditions.
- GO processes and retains personal data in line with the applicable data protection and retention legislation in force in Malta. By participating in this Competition, Participants grant GO and/or Bay Radio consent to be contacted for any reason in connection with the Competition.
- Other than GO and Bay Radio, this Competition is in no way associated with, sponsored, endorsed or administered by any other third party, including but not limited to Tik Tok. By participating in this Competition Participants acknowledge that they are providing information to GO and not to any other third party.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, GO will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury and/or loss of life as a result of the Competition, the Participant’s entry, the production of the video production, the Prize/s or the winning thereof and/or any public relations (including media) related events associated therewith.
- All Participants shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused to or suffered by GO caused by Participants actions in connection with the Competition. Without prejudice to the generality of this clause, Participants warrant and binds themselves in favour of both GO and Bay Radio to behave properly, including by observing all applicable laws and Competition rules, and in particular shall refrain from using any vulgar or offensive language, subject, or actions in their video productions, and shall assume any and all liability towards GO for any damages of whatever nature which GO and/or Bay Radio, jointly and severally, may suffer due to any misbehaviour, including any non-observance of applicable laws and/or Competition rules, by the Participant.
- The Participant acknowledges and agrees that GO’s only obligation in connection with the Competition shall, subject to Clause 10, be that of delivering the Prize to the winning Participants, if any. Neither GO or Bay Radio shall be held liable for any cancellation of the Competition for any reason beyond their direct and immediate control. Furthermore, and without prejudice to any other limitation or exclusion of liability contained herein or at law, the Participant acknowledges and agrees that GO has no control over the organization of the Radio Programme, and that inter alia, said Radio Programme may be cancelled or postponed due to reasons outside of GO’s control, inter alia including in cases of force majeure, including, but not limited to, Acts of God (including weather of exceptional severity, floods, lightning or fire), general or local strikes, industrial disputes, national or local emergency, acts or omissions of Government or other competent authorities, fire or destruction of the Parties’ works or materials, insurrection or other civil disorder, war or military operations, explosions, subsidence. In any such case, if the Radio Programme is not held on any one or more of the Competition dates, GO shall not be bound to provide alternative dates and shall be under no obligation to give out any or all of the Prizes associated with the Competition. The Participant hereby fully exempts and holds GO and Bay Radio harmless from any liability in the event that the Competition or any of the Radio Programme’s daily transmissions are cancelled or otherwise postponed.
- This Competition and all matters relating to it shall be governed, construed and take effect in accordance with the laws of Malta, without giving effect to principles of conflict of laws, and the Courts in Malta shall be vested with the exclusive competence and jurisdiction to determine any dispute arising therefrom.
- These terms and conditions have been drafted in the English language and the English text shall be regarded as the authoritative text. If these terms and conditions are translated into any other language, any ambiguity or disagreement that may arise shall be resolved by reference to the English text.
- For more information, please contact Customer Care on 146 (free of charge) from your GO mobile phone or 80072121 from any other local network.