You can personalize your Wi-Fi by changing your network name and password. All you need to do is follow these easy steps. Please confirm your modem’s model before following these instructions:
- Open an internet browser, and in the URL bar type ‘192.168.1.254’ (unless the user has changed the default IP address) and press enter.
- Press ‘Sign in’ at the top right of the page to log in.
- It will ask for a username and password: use ‘advanceduser’ as the username and ‘advanced’ as the password.
- Press on ‘Sign In’ to log in. Now instead of ‘Sign In’ at the top right, you should see ‘advanceduser’ to confirm that you have logged in with the right account.
- Press on the ‘Wireless’ orange box and the Wi-Fi settings page should appear.
- Scroll down to the ‘Access Point’ header.
- You can change the network name (SSID) and the Wireless Password on this screen.
- Click on ‘Close’ to save the settings.
TG799vnv2/ TG588v/ TG589vnv3/ TG589vnv2
- Open an internet browser, and in the URL bar type ‘192.168.1.254’ and press enter.
- Click on ‘User’ on the top left of the page. A new page will appear and then click on ‘Switch to another user’.
- It will ask you for a username and password: use ‘advanceduser’ as the username and ‘advanced’ as the password.
- Instead of ‘user’ at the top left of the page, you should now see ‘advanceduser’ to confirm you have logged in with the right account.
- Click on the ‘Home Network’ option and then click on the ‘WLAN’ under ‘Wireless’.
- A new page will appear, with all the Wireless information. In order to change the options, click on ‘Configure’ on the top right of the page.
- In the Configure section, find the Network Name (SSID). This is the Wi-Fi Network’s name and this can be changed to your liking.
- In the Security section, find the WPA-PSK Encryption Key. This is the Wi-Fi Network’s password and can be changed to your liking. For the best security, please make sure that the Security Mode is set as WPA-PSK + WPA2-PSK.
- Make sure to click on ‘Apply’ to change your settings.
- If you have the SmartHub modem, please follow the below steps:
- Open an internet browser, type ‘192.168.1.254’ in the URL bar (unless the user has changed the defauly IP address) and press enter
- In the user field enter “advanceduser” and in the password field enter the code written on label at the back of your modem, named as Web Access Key (this consists of a mix of numbers and capital letters)
- Click on ‘Wi-Fi 2.4GHz’ and the Wi-Fi settings page should appear
- Change the SSID to the Wi-Fi name you wish to have
- Change the Password in the ‘Security’ section to your preferred password. Make sure you change it for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Save the changes